Words and how you say them hold immense power. They shape beliefs, drive behavior, strengthen relationships, mitigate conflicts, improve public perception, and sell ideas.
Effective communication with internal (employees) and external (customers) audiences is fundamental to establishing and growing any business.
Workflow is better when everyone knows their roles, responsibilities, mission, and goals. Employee engagement and satisfaction increase when employees feel free to voice their thoughts and opinions. They feel appreciated. Productivity follows suit.
In a competitive business world, communication differentiates your brand, makes your mission known, helps to grow your customer base, and establishes loyalty.
Various technologies are emerging seemingly daily. Use them to adopt new ways to improve organizational efforts.
- Online collaboration tools ease information sharing
- An online forum where employees can swiftly share documents, start threads, and work on projects allows accessible communication with teammates in the office, in the field, or in different time zones
- Trello and Slack are some examples of online collaboration tools
- Video conferencing effectively brings groups together. Location is no longer a barrier. You can use this platform for announcements and discussions and inexpensively settle important issues
- Write winning newsletters
- Newsletters remain one of the best ways to curate details about you, your services, and your products. Provide value and updates to existing and potential customers through thoughtfully crafted written content
- Over the last 12 months, 78% of marketers have seen an increase in email engagement. This research supports email as one of the best tools to grow your consumer base
- Use Short Messaging Service (SMS)
- Text messaging is a great way to get the word out about promos or special announcements immediately
Now may be a great time to rethink or reinforce your communication strategy.